Registration for Boys & Girls basketball runs from early September to mid-October .
- At every grade level games are played on a regulation 10 foot basket with adult referees officiating.
- Grades 3 - 6 are considered instructional leagues. Emphasis is placed on learning basic skills and equal playing time.
- Grades 7 - 8 are considered competitive leagues. If registrations allow, teams will be split into A/B squads so athletes can compete against other teams of comparable skill level.
- High School athletes will be split into JV (Grades 9 & 10) & Varsity (Grades 11 & 12) squads if registrations allow it.
- All coaches are background checked and go through a CYO training course that emphasizes good sportsmanship.
- PAC pays for one tournament per team besides the regular season.
- Games are on weekends but never Sunday mornings. No games scheduled over Christmas break.
- Games are held at various sites throughout the Greater Cleveland area.
- Grades 3 - 6 play an 8 game season spread over the months of December - February.
- Grades 7 - 8 play a 10 game season spread over the months of December - February.
- CYO offers a single-elimination playoff for grades 7 - 8 in February as well. All playoff games are completed by the first week in March.
- High School teams play an 8 game season spread over the months of December - February.
- Practices begin November 1. Practices are held 2-3 nights per week for one hour.
- No practices are scheduled for Monday evenings so students can attend PSR.
- Practices are held primarily in the gyms at St. Brendan and St. Richard.
Questions concerning Basketball can be directed to Mike Hanna (Grades 3-8) at email@example.com and
Bob Gerome (Grades 9-12) at firstname.lastname@example.org.