Registration for Girls Volleyball runs from early May to late June of the preceding school year.
- Grades K - 2 are considered an intramural program (not official CYO). Emphasis is on learning the joy of running.
- Grades 3 - 6 are considered instructional. Emphasis is placed on learning basic running skills.
- Grades 7 - 8 are considered competitive. Emphasis is on improving running skills and improving on personal running times.
- All coaches are background checked and go through a CYO training course that emphasizes good sportsmanship.
- We know that all runners have different abilities. We welcome all boys and girls, regardless of how fast or slow they are.
- Having fun and developing camaraderie among the kids are an integral part of the cross country program.
- For grades K - 2, there are 4 regular season meets held at various sites in the western suburbs of Cleveland. They are held Wednesday evenings in September and the runners run 1 mile.Wednesday evenings in September and the runners run 1 mile.
- For grades 3 - 8, there are 7 regular season meets held at various sites throughout the Greater Cleveland and Akron areas. Grades 3 - 6 run 1-1/2 miles and grades 7 - 8 run 2 miles. Meets are held on Saturday mornings or Sunday afternoons.
- The season ends with a CYO Diocesan Championship composed of all Cleveland and Akron teams, grades 7 and 8.
- Practices begin in early August and run through mid-October.
- Practices are held on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 5:30 p.m to 6:30 p.m.5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Practices are held in the Metroparks. On Mondays and Thursdays we meet at Cedar Point Road parking lot (across from the Frostville Museum) and on Wednesdays we meet at Bradley Woods.
- We start off slow in the training routine and throughout the season we are able to see great improvement both in distance covered and time. By the last weeks of the season, there are some runners that can cover 4-5 miles at a practice.
- Because of varying abilities, all runners are monitored during practices. Besides the coaches, we have many parents that run or walk with the kids.
Practices will also include games, which are held one day a week, usually on a Wednesday.
Questions concerning cross country can be directed to Bill Kosmac at (440) 777-9368 or by e-mailing him at email@example.com