Registration for Girls Volleyball runs from early May to mid-June of the preceding school year.
- Grades 3 - 5 are considered instructional leagues. Emphasis is placed on learning basic skills and equal playing time. Girls are playing on a regulation 7' 4 1/8" net but a lighter ball is used.
- Grades 6 - 8 are considered competitive leagues. If registrations allow, teams will be split into A/B squads so athletes can compete against other teams of comparable skill level.
- All coaches are background checked and go through a CYO training course that emphasizes good sportsmanship.
- PAC pays for one tournament per team, so you get at least 3 extra games as a bonus.
- At all grade levels, rally scoring is used and teams consist of 6 girls on the floor. Matches are a best two out of three format.
- Games are on weekends but never Sunday mornings.
- Games are held at various sites throughout the Greater Cleveland area.
- All grade levels play an 8 game season spread over the months of August - October.
- CYO offers a single-elimination playoff for grades 6- 8 in October as well. All playoff games are completed by the first week in November.
- Practices begin August 1. Practices are held 2-3 nights per week for one hour.
- No practices are scheduled for Monday evenings so students can attend PSR.
- Practices are held in the gyms at St. Brendan and St. Richard.
Questions concerning volleyball can be directed to Donna Busser at (440) 463-3226 or by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org.